Are You a Remote-sensing, Artificial Intelligence (AI) or UAV Drone Company? Then Enter for the €175,000 Ag-Tech Developer Challenge by the Rainforest Alliance .This is a competition to build a remote-sensing data product that links to and adds value to the mobile-enabled FDPs. Through this competition we hope to stimulate participants to create innovative ideas. Two prizes, one of €100,000 ($115,000) and one of €75,000 ($86,000) will be awarded for the best ideas to be implemented, but all entries may be considered for future engagement with the Rainforest Alliance.
The submissions will be evaluated by a high-profile panel that includes Ed Parsons, Geospatial Technologist of Google; Kim Frankovich, Vice President Cocoa Sustainability of Mars Inc.; Farouk Nyame, Technical Manager of the Cartography Unit in the Ghana Cocoa Board; and Daan de Vries, Chief Innovation and Technology Officer of the Rainforest Alliance. Winning this competition presents a potential avenue for future business engagement, as we aim to make the SAT4Farming services widely available through a social enterprise long after the program ends.
To participate, submit a proposal that includes:
- A remote sensing element
- A clear link to the Adoption Observations and ability to answer FDP API request (see complementary information)
- The title of the innovation
- The (technical) requirements to make the innovation run
- A high level implementation plan for the innovation
- A business case for the innovation (including pricing and costing)
- A short description of how you envision the future business relationship with the enterprise
- A budget and budget allocation
- Name and contact details
- Maximum 5 pages
- All material submitted must be in English
- Send submissions to Tsmorenburg@ra.org before the 15th of March
- Optional: Video pitch (maximum 2 minutes)