With the happenings in economies around the world, Africa has suddenly become the next frontier of innovation ecosystem to conquer. It becomes important that African nations realize their place and collaborate with one another to build sustainable innovation ecosystems.
As Innovation has become a universal language no matter where you come from, we are happy to support this summit and bring to you the 7th edition of the South Africa Innovation Summit which over the years have helped deepen the need to drive Innovation in Africa. The Summit fosters the creation of local innovations on a platform for global conversation.
The SA Innovation Summit has become a noteworthy South African event. The event aspires to raise awareness in innovation, facilitate collaboration among multi-helix actors and contribute to building the national system of innovation. These aims will in essence amplify South Africa’s competitive edge and accelerate economic growth.
In its seven years of existence, the Summit’s greatest achievement was to engage the top echelon of SA’s leading minds in academia, industry and government to support innovation. It has also contributed to the birth of the South African Innovation Network (SAINe) in 2009.
SA’s premier innovation event of the year brings together thought leaders and practitioners in the field of innovation to show-case success stories, share lessons learnt, connect with peers, be inspired by those who keep on moving and practice by doing…innovation!
Key Focus Areas for 2014:
• Local innovation case studies that have caused global debate. (e.g. through expansion, success stories, tactics, IP protection or legendary acts of inventiveness)
• How to grow a small business to mid-size global business (from R 5 million- 50 million)
• The connection between science and profit
• Tools and methods that foster innovation
• Inspiring and equipping corporate innovation/ R&D
• Pathways to success: from idea to market
• Platforms to accelerate or focus innovation effort
• Benchmarking best practice in innovation management
• Creating a culture for innovation
• Pitching an innovation solution: practice and learning
• Funding through innovation development stages
• IP protection and commercialisation tips
• Mobilising through crowd sourcing and Open Innovation
• Corporate governance, measurement and reporting on innovation
• Networking and collaboration to foster global conversations on innovation
Conference Date: 16-18 September, 2014
Venue: Cape Town Stadium
For Registration, Speakers, Sponsorship and other details please visit the Conference website: http://www.innovationsummit.co.za/