Ms.Nkemdilim Uwaje, the MD of Future Software Resources Ltd
Nkem Uwaje who apart from being the daughter of top IT guru, Chris Uwaje, has contributed in no small measure to the development of ICT in Nigeria and Africa at large in the area of youth empowerment.
Her role in September this year at the United Nations World Summit on Information Society event was outstanding and remarkable as a judge and ambassador of the World Summit Youth Awards (WSYA)) where she projected the image of our great country internationally in far away New York City.
Nkem, a member of Computer Professionals registration council of Nigeria(CPN) and Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)was also a judge at the Internet for Jobs Initiative (14j) 2010 of the Nigeria Internet Group where two Nigerians where awarded grants to build their online businesses.
Nkem who is passionate about Youth empowerment through the use of technology has spoken at various conferences locally and internationally, some of which are:
• The Innovation Week 2008, Accra Ghana
• ADIPENG 2009, Abuja Nigeria
• NITDA Stakeholders Workshops 2009, Lagos and Abuja Nigeria
• E-Learning Conference 2009, Abuja, Nigeria
• TW Business Expo 2010, Lagos, Nigeria
• W.TEC Girls Technology Camp 2010, Lagos, Nigeria
• WSYA Winners Events 2010, New York
• Rubbing Minds Channels TV
• I4J e-Business Roundtable
• CERT Africa 2010
• ICT4ALL Tunisia
• Women’s Judges Annual Conference
Some of her greatest achievements that make her best suited for this award include:
– Exporting Futuresoft’s E-recruitment solution to other African
Countries like Liberia and Ghana. This solution has been used by companies like Guiness Nigeria, TOTAL Nigeria and in Liberia by APM Terminals in collaboration with recruitment agencies.
– Raising awareness for WSYA among Nigerian Youths which brought about two Nigerians winning the awards out of over 600
submissions. This has helped to improve Nigeria’s online image.
– Raising awareness on low participation of the youths in IT Policy Making etc. The most remarkable one was the ICT4ALL global forum in Tunisia with over 1,000 participants.
-She was honored with the Techno-Vention Award at the Obafemi Awolowo University’s E-week 2010 (Ile-Ife, January 2010)
–See some Online References for Nkem Uwaje’s contributions
(First Author of this publication – for programming Protein
(Co-Author of this publication)
To Vote for Nkem Uwaje
Simply text: TFA NKEMDILIM UWAJE BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY to the SMS short code: 33120 for Nigeria, 99199 for Canada, 80079 for UK and 97605 USA (the more you text, the more her chances of winning).or you can vote online on at http://thefuturenigeria.com/voting/technology/using your email address.