-The organisation marks her 10th year anniversary, holds 2014 Summit in Nigeria, US and the UK. With the Theme: “Women and National Security: Utilizing ICT for Community Policing and Self Actualisation.
Following the great need in our society to empower the Nigerian Women and the Youths using Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs), the High Tech Women Centre for Nigerian Women and Youths-A Non-Governmental organization that has continuously empowered the women and the Youths in Nigeria through her various programs within the last 10 years, is holding her annual Women in ICT Summit.
According to Dr. (Mrs.) Omowunmi Hassan, who is the President and CEO of High Tech Women Centre for Nigerian Women and Youths “This year’s summit will be held in Abuja, the US and the UK. The Summit will expose Nigerian women to security challenges in Nigeria and the need to actualize their potentials using ICT tools for development, while taking cognizance of their corporate roles in community policing for a safe society and family protection”
In a detailed information made available to us, the theme of this year’s Summit is “Women and National Security: Utilizing ICT for Community Policing and Self Actualisation”“
Discussions will be focused on:
• Nigeria’s security challenges: Issues and Options for women and families
• Promoting involvement of women in community policing
• ICT Applications to address national security and community policing techniques
• Role of Media in Managing Security Challenges
• ICT for wealth creation and women’s entrepreneurial development
• Workshops – Mobile apps, social media and web development.
Some of the Features of the 2014 Summit are:
• Panel Discussions
• Hands-On Training and exposure to mobile ICT and security Apps development
• Models for Safety and Community Policing strategies
• Group / Syndicate Projects
• ICT Campaign / Walk for Life
• High Tech Annual Awards 2014 for Women Entrepreneurs and Innovators in Nigeria and ICT Industry
Dr. Wunmi Hassan further explained that this year’s Summit is set to achieve the following Objectives:
1. To formally sensitize Nigeria women on the issues, challenges and concerns about security in the country;
2. To open the mind of women to ICT tools available for domestic and community policing purposes;
3. To encourage women to get involved in community policing for the security of their families and society;
4. To expose the participants to ICT options for making a living in a knowledge economy for sustainable development.
Details of the Summit include:
• Nigeria Summit: September 2nd – 4th, 2014 (for various categories of women across the country) @ Global Distant Learning Institute, opp. Ministry of Finance Hqtrs, Abuja
• UK Summit: September 20th – 28th, 2014
• USA Summit: November 14th – 24th, 2014
Who to Attend the Summit:
• Women from ages 18 years and above, who are:
– Policy Makers and Female Parliamentarians – Public Sector Personnel (Federal, State and Local Government)
– Organised Private Sector – Business Women – NGOs and Civil Societies
– Academia – Professional Bodies – Female Students (Undergraduate and Post graduates)
Fees and Registration for the Summit
• Nigeria Summit: N55, 000.00 / person
• UK Summit: £2,500 /person
• USA Summit: $5,500 / person
Note: Fees for UK & USA include return ticket, tours fares, feeding, and summit fees.
Mode of Payments: All financial payments can be made to: Sterling Bank Plc, Account No: 0019052855 or Diamond Bank, Account. No: 0034611000, Account Name: High Tech Centre for Nigerian Women and Youths
For further enquiries & registration please Call: 08034241874 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit their official website at www.hightechwomen.org.ng