The highly anticipated launch of Kranta, a fully educational social network that affords its members access to loads of academic resources and past questions in various examinations in Nigeria ranging from common entrance to professional examinations all for free. Loaded with social networking features including profiles, activity feeds, comments and groups functionality, Kranta is poised to provide a robust learning experience enhanced by the social engagement and collaboration.
According to Damola Olajide who is also the CEO of Elara Technologies, it is a known fact that obsession with non educational social media by students has contributed negatively to a large extent to their performances in examinations, in recent times.
He said because it would be virtually impossible to stop students from using smartphones or visiting social media, the firm decided to launch this socio- education portal bringing learning to their comfort zone.
Kranta, as a socio-education portal, also gives you a comprehensive assessment of your performance with statistical analysis to monitor your performance. It also grants you access to a large database of educational materials in various fields of learning through an aggregating engine. It makes it easy to find people who share study related materials and also establish new contacts just like in other social media like Facebook and Twitter”.
Kranta allows its users to interact, share ideas and communicate over educational resources, past questions on various examinations making education and learning more social and human.
- With thousands of FREE Learning resources, including videos.
- Social Connections (chat, inbox, images, video, audio, status)
- Take test – students can take any test of choice from existing one or even create their own.
- Monitor your progress, view statistical analysis of your performance over time to see your areas of weakness, allows you to monitor the high scores in your exams of interest, and the ability to ‘follow’ the high scorers and share ideas through our social network
- Connect with friends doing better than you, and interact with the aim of improving users’ performance academically.
According to Opeyemi Obayan, the COO “I am extremely happy that what we have being working on for the last 2 years is finally a reality.” In less than 3 months of the launch, the portal has about 3000 registered and active users, said Obayan.