The 2018 Nigeria Innovation Summit announces its call for papers.Nigeria Innovation Summit is the leading annual event that focuses on the need for the country, businesses, organisations, entrepreneurs in Nigeria to become more innovative, and apply innovation to drive sustainable development. This Summit helps Nigeria embrace innovation like never before through the use of Emerging Technologies and Trends, Research, Development, Entrepreneurship and Investments as key drivers of an innovation ecosystem. This is a platform that creates awareness on the need for Open Innovation in Nigeria. It challenges Nigeria to leverage innovation and become competitive like other countries that are using innovation to drive their economy. The Summit also promotes leading innovations from Nigeria and recognizes innovators who are pacesetters.
The key features of the Nigeria Innovation Summit is Keynote Presentations and Panel discussions from Industry Leaders, Government, Investors, Leading Companies, International Organisations, Top Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Innovation Managers across the world and across the focus sectors.
The Theme for the 2018 Innovation Summit is –
Building a Culture of Innovation in Nigeria for Sustainable Economic Growth.
Date: 26 September, 2018.
Venue: Shehu Musa Yar’adua Centre, Abuja
Summit website: http://innovationsummit.ng/
Speakers from the following: government agencies and representatives, international organisations, academics, business leaders, companies, organisations and industries, CEOs, entrepreneurs, decision makers, innovators are invited to send in their interest to speak or organise a workshop/panel discussion on any of the following focus areas:
- Nigeria’s Economic Outlook, Policies, Strategies and the Impact of Innovation Culture
- Building Innovation Ecosystems and Leveraging on Global Innovation Ecosystems
- Investments in Innovation
- Innovation and Sustainable Development
- Fintech, e-Commerce Innovation
- Women,Technology and Entrepreneurship in Nigeria
- The Concept of Open Innovation and Collaboration
- Public Health and Innovations
- Innovation in Telecommunications, Infrastructure Development and the Mobile Industry
- Innovation in Manufacturing Industry
- Innovation through Emerging Technology Trends like Block Chain Technologies, Big Data and Data Centres, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Virtual Reality, Wearable Technologies, Robotics, Genomics, Smart Cities, etc.
- Innovation in Power, Energy Technologies and the Environment
- Innovation in Agriculture
- Research and Development, Intellectual Property
- Innovation in Banking and finance
- Innovation in Oil and Gas
- Nigerian youths, Technology and Entrepreneurship
The Summit offers a number of different types of engagement including:
Keynote Sessions (20 – 30 min)
Tract Sessions (15 min)
Panels (10 – 15 min per panel member)
Workshops (1 hour)
Send in your interest to speak or to organise a workshop/panel discussion in a one page abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 30th, 2018.