The SA Innovation Summit which is in its 9th year has grown to become South Africa’s leading platform that brings together the very best of South African, African and global innovators to showcase their exceptional talents, innovations and ideas.Created to support and promote innovation and facilitate collaboration among multi-helix actors, the SA Innovation Summit is a crucial tool to inspire sustained economic growth.The outcomes achieved by the Summit, amplify and revive South Africa’s renowned competitive edge and it is a powerful tool to bring together thought leaders, learn, and connect with peers. Since its inception, the Summit has helped more than 500+ entrepreneurs and innovators bring their products to market over the years, and facilitated deal making between numerous organisations and inventors.The summit seek to :
- Collaborate with government, academia and industry to build a South African system for innovation on a
- Encourage mutually beneficial deal-making between innovators and investors.
- Provide a platform where innovators can participate, grow their know-how and connections, and make their ideas come to life.
- On 16 August, a high impact Thought Leader Conference will take place in the City Hall in Cape Town.An incredible panel of thought-leaders has been assembled to guide the co-creation session. We have invited The City of Cape Town, Futureworld, a Swiss Digital transformational activist, the Futures Institute of Africa, My African City, Heads of the Region and many other influential drivers of change and innovation.
- The day will be followed by a 24-hour Hackathon in Khayelitsha, intended to produce applications and solutions to meet the needs identified by the community. On 19 and 20 August developers will be sharing their brilliance at the Lookout Centre in Khayelitsha.
- The SA Summit will kick off in Johannesburg on 21 September with two full conference days offering delegates the opportunity to participate in a host of exciting, thought-provoking and game-changing events including:
- Presentations by world renowned speakers
- Plenary Sessions
- CEO Panel Debates
- Breakaway sessions with specialist workshops and themed streams.
- Market on the Edge will open on 23 September, together with the Match & Invest lounge, the Pitching Den and the Inventors Garage.
- The Youth Day will take place on 24 September in Johannesburg.
- Ignite! celebrating the spirit of innovation in TED-style turbo-charged talks starts at 3pm on Friday, 23 September.
For Participation and more details visit the SA Innovation Summit Official Website