Just few minutes ago from the technology users group,this useful news reads : Samsung Mobile and Co-Creation Hub Nigeria are pleased to inform you about exciting opportunities to generate locally-relevant apps that will be on Samsung devices and the Apps Store. Beyond bragging rights and winning cool prizes, you will be well on your way to playing a more relevant role in the burgeoning mobile ecosystem in Nigeria.
About the Ideas Challenge:
The IDEAS Challenge was conceived by Samsung Mobile in collaboration with CCHUB to help stimulate the thought process in the minds of the Developers across the Ecosystem and also provide a platform to share these ideas. This competition will provide the needed opportunity for the developers to submit their conceived ideas as comment under the IDEAS CHALLENGE posting on the SAMSUNG MOBILE FACEBOOK page with a clear description of what the idea is all about and have the industry technical and marketing minds criticize and commented on to them, to help stimulate the creation of locally relevant applications.
Mechanics and Participation:
1) Participation is open to anybody with a ‘wow’ idea about how an app should look or work like.
2) All Ideas would be submitted as a comment under the POSTING of the competition on the Samsung Mobile Nigeria Facebook page with a clear description of what the idea is all about, this posting would be pinned to the top of the page for entire period of the challenge to enable enough participation by the participants and voters.
3) Samsung Mobile fans on Facebook and other social media platforms would be asked to vote for the best ideas and the 3 ideas with the highest votes would then be judged on the criteria outlined below by a panel consisting of representatives from Samsung Mobile and CCHUB and the winning idea would win a Samsung Galaxy S3 while the 2 runner ups gets consolation prizes.
4) All Ideas generated would be collated and monitored to generate as many apps as possible within a stipulated time (3-4 months hopefully).
5) All apps generated from this competition will eventually be uploaded on the Samsung Apps store and promoted by Samsung Mobile Nigeria.
Prizes to be won:
First Prize: Samsung Galaxy S3
Second Prize: Samsung Galaxy Pocket
Third Prize: Samsung S 3600i
The winning idea (after being developed into an app) will enjoy an 8 weeks interaction and buzz mention on all SNS resources for SEWA to create awareness about it and increase download of the app from the Apps store. The winning apps and other apps also get to be mentioned on the Samsung Facebook page and on some of our BTL materials on a regular basis.
The challenge commences today, the 15th of August, 2012 and ends on September 14th, 2012 while the judging would be done between 17th and 20th of September 2012. Presentation of Prizes to the winners will be done on the 21st of September at the grand finale at CcHUB.
1) What problems/shortcomings does it solve?
3) What value does it add to mobile usage and the owners of the devices?
4) Does it allow for scalability and upgrade unto higher OS and devices e.g. Tablets?
5) What content can it deliver?
These criteria would be communicated to the developers to help shape their ideas.
Follow-up on all the ideas submitted will be done by Samsung and CCHUB to ensure that the winning idea is developed into an application and uploaded onto the Samsung Application store within 6 weeks after the final submission and judging while 70% of the remaining ideas are expected to be transformed into application within 3 months of wrapping up the competition.